TOEFL iBT Test Centre Procedures
On the day of your exam, arrive at the test center at least 30 minutes early to allow time for registration and identification.
Before the test session, you will be required to write your signature and sign a confidentiality statement. Your picture will be taken and reproduced on your score report and the computer monitor you are using. If, for some reason, you have to leave your seat at any time other than the break, raise your hand. Timing of the section will not stop during an unscheduled break.
To receive an official score report, you must answer at least one question in each section. If, at any time during the test, you believe you have a problem with your computer or need the administrator for any reason, raise your hand. All testing sessions are subject to videotaping.
- bring cellular phones, beepers, pagers, watch alarms, or electronic or photographic devices of any kind to the test session.
- eat, drink, smoke or chew gum, except as permitted in designated areas of the testing center during breaks.
- refer to or use any testing materials or aids at any time during the testing session or break. The following are considered testing aid: pencils or pens, dictionaries, calculators, watch calculators, books, pamphlets, rulers, high-lighter pens, translators, notes, or any other electronic or photographic devices or keyboards.
- leave the test center during the test session and break.
- exceed the time permitted for the break.
- attempt to take the test for someone else or fail to provide acceptable identification.
- create a disturbance or behave inappropriately.
- give or receive unauthorized help.
- attempt to tamper with the computer.
- attempt to remove test questions (in any format) from the testing room.